Frequently Asked Questions:
Why should I have window films installed?
- To prevent the interior furnishings from fading inside the room.
- To prevent solar heat from entering the room while still allowing the visible light to enter.
- In the event of a window breaking, the film prevents razor-sharp shards from being dispersed into the room thus preventing injuries and damage.
- To slow down the chance of a burglar breaking and entering (with safety film).
- To make your windows more uniform and attractive.
What are the main advantages of window tinting?
- A cooler house during a hot summer. Our window film’s very fine metal layer allows most of the visible light to pass through, but reflects the infrared rays back out through the glass.
- A reduction in fading (wood flooring, curtains, furniture, artwork etc.). Our window films keep out most of the harmful ultraviolet rays and reflect the infrared ones. This enables the inside of your room to look new longer.
- Increased safety and security (safety film): The adhesive layer of our window film reacts immediately with the inside of the window, so in the event of a window breaking, the shards of glass are held together on the film. Therefore, no glass is expelled, which prevents physical injuries and damage to the inside of your room. Our safety film also makes it possible to slow down the chance of thief’s breaking and entering.
- Our window film’s subtle appearance makes your home look more attractive while still protecting it.
What kind of warranty do i get on my tinted windows?
- Shadow Art uses Panorama’s Premier Plus Warranty for all commercial and residential tinting.
What are the advantages of window tinting compared with an “outdoor” solar protection method?
- Outdoor” solar protection (such as blinds or shutters) reflects the infrared rays, but it also prevents the visible light from entering the room. With Panorama you obtain protection against infrared and ultraviolet rays, and the maximum visible light.
- Unlike shutters and blinds, our window films offer easy maintenance and no expensive cleaning.
- Our window films are quick and easy to fit. Other solar protection methods involve extra work.
What are the advantages of window tinting compared with an “indoor” solar protection method?
- “Indoor” solar protection (such as blinds or curtains) prevents the visible light from getting into the room. In addition, radiating infrared heat accumulates. Air conditioning may be a solution, however, after receiving the monthly bill, the cost or installing and running is very high compared with the window film. What’s more, our window films are working for you from dawn to dusk, they do not need to be mechanically closed or opened.
How does window tinting make the house cool?
- Our window film’s very fine metal layer reflects the majority of the infrared rays from solar heat. During an average day, the film provides a more pleasant level of warmth in the house.
Window tinting reflects the heat during the summer. But what effect does the film have during the winter?
First, we must make a distinction between:
- Near infrared rays produced by the sun and
- Far infrared rays produced by the central heating
During the summer, as in winter, Panorama window film keeps out a lot of the sun’s near infrared rays.
The window film has a limited impact on protection against far infrared rays during the winter. The reason for this lies in the fact that this double glazing and/or insulation glass with a Low-E coating limits the additional, positive effect of the window film throughout the winter months.
What effect does window tinting have from the outside looking in, and from the inside looking out?
How do solar protection films work in general, and Shadow Art’s films in particular?
- Our window films reflect a significant portion of the total solar energy from passing through existing windows. The film also increases the absorption of that energy into the glass. A window with a film reflects and absorbs more solar energy than a window without a film.
- Our protective window films have a very fine metal layer. It is this metal layer that reflects the solar energy and absorbs part of it. The transmittance of the visible light from the solar energy through the film is optimized. We have a layer which absorbs the ultraviolet rays and greatly reduces fading inside your house or office (wood, furniture, curtains, etc.). All the our window films are coated with an anti-scratch layer, which ensures the films have a long life and makes them easy to clean.
- Colored and pigmented films are not as efficient. They work on the principle of absorption through the glass. The energy absorbed is then released outwards, but a large part is sent back to the inside (which makes the room heat up quicker). In addition, they prevent a large part of the visible light from penetrating, creating a gloomy look.
How do safety films work in general?
- The safety films hold the shards of glass together on the film in the event of a window breaking. They prevent flying glass shards in hopes of avoiding physical injuries and damage to the inside of your room.
- The safety films consist of several layers of protective polyester film and a thicker transparent adhesive layer. Several safety films have been specifically developed due to needs throughout the world for increased safety against terrorist attacks, security and personal safety around glazed areas.
- Our safety film slows down the chance of breaking and entering. Safety film can also be supplied as combination versions, with added solar protection. (Different films can be combined to offer solar protection and safety).window films reflect a significant portion of the total solar energy from passing through existing windows. The film also increases the absorption of that energy into the glass. A window with a film reflects and absorbs more solar energy than a window without a film.
Does the safety film prevent your window from breaking?
- No. safety film holds the pieces and shards of glass together on the film in the event of a window breaking.
Can the safety film withstand storms?
- Safety films are designed to hold the shards of glass together on the film in the event of a window breaking. The window will break or remain intact depending on the type of glass and the intensity of the storm, thus minimizing the chance of the glass causing damage if it shattered during a storm.
Does safety film prevent breaking and entering?
- A safety film helps deter burglaries as the film slows down the thief and makes it more difficult to gain entry. They hold the shards of glass together, even when a brick (or similar object) hits the window. In the latter case, the thief must make a choice: whether to continue attacking the window, creating attention and noise or to run.
What factors lead to colors fading inside the room?
- Fading inside a room is 40% caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays, 25% by the visible light, 25% by solar heat and 10% by various other factors, such as humidity, pollution, indoor lighting, fabric dyes, etc.
Do Shadow Art’s window films stop colors fading inside the room?
- Nothing can completely prevent fading. Our window films, nevertheless slow down the main causes of discoloration, so the inside of your room looks new longer.